Applications are being accepted for a full-time Economic and Workforce Development Recruitment and Advising Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for the recruitment, advising and support of participants in short-term bootcamp training programs in a variety of technical areas.
This is the 2nd year of a two-year grant funded by FVTC and MPTC Consortium ABE+/Welding Quickstart. This is a limited term position, ending June 30, 2019. Applications for additional grants are in process for additional year renewals.
1. Provide information and assistance to applicants and accepted students in short term bootcamp training sessions. Information may include admissions procedures and requirements, instructional offerings and support services to include program qualifications, programs of study, course content and selection, transfer opportunities and graduation/completion requirements.
2. Provide information regarding adult basic education offerings based on entrance scores. Coordinate student acceptance and internship placement after admission requirements have been met. Coordinate information and testing sessions for all short-term bootcamp training sessions.
3. Assist students with complying with administrative and program requirements such resume, internship selection and orientation. Refer student questions or concerns regarding policies, procedures and academic standards to the appropriate individuals and follow-up to ensure student needs are met.
4. Coordinate student selection and internship placement activities.
5. Contact students in assigned programs who are not meeting minimum completion requirements. Refer students to appropriate support services. Maintain contact and follow-up with students to track progress.
6. Maintain student records; coordinate grade reporting between all instructors to monitor student progress across all courses, provide recommendations for student action to project manager. Maintain all student reports per WTCS guidelines.
7. Plan and provide outreach and marketing activities for the short term training programs. Develop related promotional materials. Maintain contact with the inquiry/prospect pool, assisting each individual from application to registration.
8. Coordinate and conduct on- and off-campus student recruitment and community outreach activities, such as participation in Preview Days, College Showcase, job center recruitment and job fairs.
9. Develop and maintain database of student recruitment records to support grant requirements and effective communication and recruitment plans. Utilize student tracking information to identify and perform recruitment activities.
10. Comply with all required grant requirements to ensure successful completion of all grant outcomes with regard to participation, completion, placement, and budget guidelines, for a variety of funding sources. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in education, human services, communications, business or a related field.
2. Three years of related occupational experience. Experience in a post-secondary educational setting preferred.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience that provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Familiarity with educational settings, general public relations and the mission of technical colleges.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience applying them in a promotional setting.
6. Ability to work collaboratively to meet organizational goals and objectives. Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and portrays a positive demeanor with customers.
7. Thorough knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and common database operations required. Experience with educational software applications and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems/student administration systems preferred.
8. Strong problem-solving skills. Must demonstrate the ability to capture essential issues, suggest solutions and provide research and follow-through.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality and apply confidentiality rules/guidelines/laws. Knowledge of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) preferred.
10. Ability to plan, organize and schedule priorities effectively.
11. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program