Applications are being accepted for a part-time Software Asset Aide at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for administering the College's software assets using our software asset management tool, while assisting with maintaining software compliance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial screening date will take place December 11, 2018.
1. Enter software and hardware license agreements into software asset management tool.
2. Collaborate with software asset management tool vendor to add software titles not recognized in the asset management database.
3. Assist Software Asset Manager during internal and external audits by providing documentation of purchase history to remediate any out of compliance software installations.
4. Understand software functionality to ensure proper licenses are purchased (SaaS, perpetual, user, concurrent, onsite, and subscription licensing to name a few).
5. Retain current versions of software applications so the College is not supporting multiple versions of the same software application.
6. Build and maintain relationships with Instructional Technology Staff to enter Academic software assets into the software asset management tool.
7. Create and keep current accurate documentation on software contract entry processes and procedures.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree in Information Technology required or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Two or more years of software and/or hardware asset management experience in an educational environment preferred.
3. Ability to research software license types, titles, and basic licensing terminology installed on college systems to ensure college wide software compliance.
4. Experience working in a team-based collaborative environment, leveraging strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
5. Ability to work independently to plan and prioritize work while determining the need to re-prioritize when necessary.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to specifically include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Group Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program