Applications are being accepted for a full-time Associate Dean of Health at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend campus. This position is responsible for the oversight of teaching and learning in the Health Sciences area, which includes Radiography, Clinical Lab, Medical Assistant, Health Information Technology, Medical Coding, Health and Wellness, Medical Office, Respiratory Therapy and Instructional Assistant. This position provides supervision, guidance and support to 14 faculty and support professional staff. This position reports to the Dean of Health and Human Services.
1. Assist the Academic Dean in overseeing academic initiatives, instructional budgets, special projects, grants, and student/personnel issues in support of student retention and success.
2. Recruit, orient, mentor, and provide for the ongoing development and evaluation of faculty and support professionals, and subsequent individual development plans in keeping with MPTC culture and workplace principles, and Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) procedures.
3. Supervise classes to ensure quality of curriculum, course design and delivery, adequate supplies and equipment, and enforcement of safety processes and procedures for all students and staff. Respond to student and instructor concerns and issues, develop and implement solutions, and make recommendations to the Academic Dean when appropriate.
4. Ensure the effective and efficient use of resources (e.g. financial, human, physical plant) for the instructional programs, and seek alternative external resources in collaboration with the Academic Dean. Utilize a program review process to make data-informed decisions associated with the management of assigned programs and course offerings in order to maximize student retention and success.
5. Manage curriculum and make sure that it is relevant, current, consistent, and congruent with appropriate WTCS standards and is developed using input from advisory committees and other community partners as appropriate. Ensure curriculum is formatted and housed according to MPTC expectations.
6. Provide input to the Academic Dean in the development and implementation of course, certificate, diploma, and degree program modifications, and in the investigation and implementation of new certificate, diploma, and degree program offerings.
7. Ensure that health, safety and program requirements as well as faculty licensures/ credentials are current and procedures are followed for all students and staff.
8. Develop, implement, and manage enrollment processes in certificate, diploma, and degree programs to improve student access, effectiveness and efficiency of room scheduling, course scheduling, and assignment of faculty workload. Develop course schedules (fall, spring, and summer) and faculty workload assignments for full-time and adjunct faculty.
9. Serve on College Committees, attend College-wide activities, and participate in staff development activities and professional organizations. Represent the College at community functions and events.
10. Provide a managerial presence and supervision during the evening and other times as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Two years of secondary or post-secondary teaching experience. Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred.
3. Two years of related occupational experience, preferably in a health field.
4. Two years of leadership or supervisory experience in an educational setting, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum and assessment, preferably in a post-secondary setting.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based, innovative and continuous quality improvement focused environment; experience leading cross-functional teams.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
9. Demonstrated organizational skills and project management experience with the ability to multitask. Experience managing and executing projects of similar size and complexity.
10. Demonstrated ability to use computer hardware and software, including MS Office, email, internet, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and instructional technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching and learning.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program