Applications are being accepted for a full-time Buildings & Grounds Maintenance Technician at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend campus. This position's duties involve work requiring the capability of performing a skilled level in several of the building trades. Work is often independently performed but may involve leading other buildings & grounds staff while assisting higher level Maintenance Mechanics on projects as necessary. The position is also responsible for leading and maintaining the shipping and receiving functions.
1. Make periodic inspections of building and grounds to diagnose potential problems and to take necessary action for the prevention of damage or interruption of service. Report conditions to immediate supervisor.
2. Repair and remodel facilities to include carpentry/framing, drywall, painting, wall coverings, suspended ceilings, flooring and the moving of furniture and equipment.
3. Landscape work to include tree-trimming, pruning, spraying/weeding, planting, paving and other landscaping tasks as necessary. Operate lawn and landscape equipment and snow removal equipment.
4. Exterior building maintenance including masonry repairs, asphalt maintenance, painting, sheet metal work, roofing repairs and other tasks as necessary.
5. Operate and perform a variety of maintenance functions on college motor-vehicles and housekeeping equipment.
6. Receive packages and shipments, verify merchandise received with purchase order/credit card/purchasing form, verify packing slips to purchase order/credit card purchase form and forward paperwork to Finance Office for payment. Directly contact vendors on any irregularities, problems, incorrect quantities or items, damages, etc. Assist with unloading delivery trucks; including the handling of hazardous materials and chemicals. Package, label and arrange for shipment of outgoing packages via courier or common carrier. Process inter-office mail.
7. Maintain organization and cleanliness within the warehouse office, shipping & receiving area and surplus/storage area consistent with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental standards.
8. Assemble and install furniture and cabinets. Assist in office moves and room/event setups. Coordinate with Purchasing Manager for the disposition of excess/surplus inventory on College’s third part auction site.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of a trade’s apprenticeship program and additional trade certifications are preferred.
2. Four years of experience in building & grounds maintenance or within a building trade such as carpentry, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration, welding and electrical work. Experience with commercial flooring, ceiling and roofing work is preferred.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Ability to work with others and to communicate in a team environment.
5. Thorough knowledge of and ability to operate building & grounds maintenance equipment, tools, and procedures.
6. Experience in several of the building trades skills such as carpentry, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, welding and electrical work.
7. Ability to recognize, diagnose, and correct mechanical problems. Ability to operate, adjust, repair and control mechanical apparatus found in building operations.
8. Knowledge of computer operations to include experience with energy management systems.
9. Ability to plan and develop appropriate work methods and procedures to accomplish difficult or specialized projects.
10. Ability to lift 80 lbs. Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding. Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time. Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
11. Ability to use hand carts and pallet trucks. Forklift experience preferred; certification within 6 months of employment will be required/provided by college.
12. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
13. Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver's license, with the ability to pass MPTC’s insurance carrier criteria.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program