Applications are being accepted for a full-time Network Engineer at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for the planning, installation, maintenance and support of enterprise-wide communication networks (LAN and WAN) for the MPTC computing network. This includes providing support to ensure information integrity, confidentiality and efficient network operations to provide maximum performance and availability of data across a multi-site education network.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial screening will take place October 9, 2018.
1. Responsible for technical support and implementation of the MPTC network and its components. Work with the Senior Network Engineer to collaboratively develop network designs to complement enterprise applications.
2. Monitor network performance for future growth and planning.
3. Contribute to the Disaster Recovery plan/team; maintain and test the plan within the areas of responsibility.
4. Provide support for the MPTC voice and video communications network, performance and all components.
5. Provide support for other systems within the College network environment to include: routing/switching, wireless network access points and controllers, video surveillance technology, video recording and physical access control systems.
6. Support the environmental controls of the College’s computing environments, which include the campus data centers and telecommunications facilities, such as UPS, generator, power distribution, fire suppression and HVAC.
7. Perform upgrades, installations, and troubleshooting; maintain inventory of equipment and documentation of activities.
8. Maintain accurate inventory records of all College-owned network-related assets.
9. Develop and document system standards and recommend the scheduling of network repairs.
1. Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Three years of progressively responsible information technology experience working with network infrastructure, protocols, design and implementation.
3. Experience with Cisco technologies including routers/switches, LAN/WAN, and Unified communications.
4. Experience with telecommunications infrastructure support to include traffic routing, quality of service, MPLS and VoIP.
5. Experience with wireless network access points and controllers, video surveillance technology and recording, access control systems and data center environmental systems is preferred.
6. Ability to diagnose and resolve networking issues associated with the computing environment.
7. Experience working in a team-based collaborative environment; experience working on large infrastructure projects as a team member.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
9. Strong communication, project management and multi-tasking skills are required.
10. Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
11. Ability to manage third party and vendor relationships preferred.
12. Schedule flexibility to work in a 24x7 multi-site environment oriented toward a zero downtime goal.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program