Applications are being accepted for a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend Campus. This position is responsible for District-wide oversight of housekeeping standards and procedures. The position is also responsible for the hiring, training, supervision and on-going staff development for all members of the housekeeping team. The base location for this position is West Bend; however, weekly travel to the Beaver Dam and Fond du Lac campuses is required. This position reports to the Director of Facilities.
1. Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision, performance management and on-going staff development of the housekeeping staff on all campuses. Develop and maintain staff schedules and delegate work assignments.
2. Maintain housekeeping standard work procedures. Inspect work to ensure conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. Seek out new methods and incorporate best practices.
3. Responsible for the District’s fleet vehicle program to include vehicle maintenance and cleaning schedules.
4. Manage the District housekeeping supply inventory management program. Promote the use of sustainable products.
5. Responsible for leading lean practices and procedures for the Facilities team. This includes reviewing the organization of all facilities’ storage areas, housekeeping closets, electrical rooms, mechanical rooms and shipping/receiving areas. In addition, this will include continual analysis of facilities’ processes for efficiencies.
6. Manage room set-ups throughout the District in coordination with the Facilities Operations Manager.
7. Examine District facilities to determine needs for repairs or replacement and make recommendations to the Director of Facilities and/or the Facilities Operations Manager.
8. Process and monitor budget related to housekeeping expenditures. Provide input into the planning and budget process for housekeeping operations and equipment. Prepare bids, review Request for Proposal responses, and decide on operation contracts, supplies and equipment.
9. Manage snow removal during evening hours of operation or in the absence of the Facilities Operations Manager to support a safe learning and working environment.
10. Act as a liaison for the Facilities Operations Manager to assist with supervising evening maintenance staff
1. Associate degree in Business, Supervisory Management, Facilities Management or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
2. A minimum of three years of supervisory experience. Management or supervision in the housekeeping industry is strongly preferred.
3. Experience in facilities maintenance.
4. Related experience in an office or educational setting, to include teaching or training, is preferred.
5. Knowledge of business principles including supervision, budgeting and needs assessment.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of District staff and general public.
7. High degree of time management skills and ability to work independently.
8. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
9. Ability to manage and resolve conflicts and disagreements in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
10. Ability to assess and respond to customer and staff requests and emergencies.
11. Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications. Experience with Internet and Microsoft Office applications is required. Demonstrate the ability to learn specialized facilities software programs.
12. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based, quality environment.
13. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
14. Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program