This position will provide technical assistance at the walk-up Technology Services Desk on the Fond du Lac Campus during peak demand times.
1. Troubleshoot and resolve level 1 & 2 technical issues associated with the enterprise technology used at MPTC. Support College-owned hardware & software.
2. Consult with all areas of IT (User Services, Application Development and Network Services) in order to provide support to end users.
3. Answer calls from customers that come in via the inContact queue.
4. Create help desk tickets in Track-It and assign tickets appropriately.
5. Create end user documentation
6. Offer a variety of Learning Opportunities on technology used at the College and provide basic technology training to customers that walk-up for assistance.
7. Work with Marketing to create materials to advertise the services offered at the service desk. Materials such as posters, flyers, digital signage, blog articles, etc.
8. Be willing to unbox and install equipment; accurately update hardware and software inventory databases; follow the asset disposal process for equipment being removed from service; apply images to computers and follow documentation to install and/or configure software installed on computers.
9. Use the Internet to research problems and their solutions.
1. Must be customer focused and have good customer service skills in-person and via the phone. Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
2. Must be willing to learn and to take direction from others. Needs to work well in a team environment.
3. Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software problems.
4. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple projects effectively and work independently.
5. Must act in a professional manner.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality as it relates to end user passwords, system passwords and system configuration.
7. Ability to lift 55 lbs.