Applications are being accepted for a full-time Standardized Testing Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position coordinates standarized testing services for the Moraine Park Technical College District. This position does work occasional evenings; two per month.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial screening will take place July 3, 2018
1. Act as GED/HSED chief examiner for the District.
2. Create and maintain databases and filing systems for the compilation of test results, statistics, reports, and surveys.
3. Conduct Pearson VUE testing at campus sites and jails as needed. Create and maintain schedules for all Pearson VUE testing, connecting with other departments to determine needs. In coordination with the Library Services Coordinator, assign additional staff to the testing schedule as needed.
4. Collaborate with District personnel and other institutions and agencies about testing procedures and processes.
5. Implement, troubleshoot, and manage testing systems and new testing technologies.
6. Train personnel in the use of testing methods and technologies.
7. Perform library circulation services as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. This includes but not limited to education, psychology, liberal arts, or sciences.
2. Two years of experience in teaching, counseling, or testing.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience, which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities
4. Knowledge of testing procedures, applications, and related national and state regulations.
5. Strong computer skills to include the use of spreadsheets, databases, word processing and presentation software. Ability to work with technical staff in troubleshooting and maintaining testing hardware and software.
6. Ability to give clear oral instructions and communicate effectively with individuals and groups of varying abilities. Demonstrated proficiency in grammar and spelling and attention
7. to detail.
8. Approval as GED chief examiner by the state GED Administrator.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise good judgment in administering testing center procedures.
10. Ability to handle multiple priorities and work with minimal supervision. Ability to work well under pressure. Good organizational and time management skills.
11. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment.
12. Ability to exercise individual initiative, independent action and sound judgment.
13. Must possess a valid WI Driver’s License, with the ability to pass MPTC’s insurance carrier criteria.
14. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program