Applications are being accepted for a full-time Systems Analyst at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible to provide definitive functional and technical expertise to support new system constructs and applications, to obtain functional user requirements , to translate requirements into technical specifications supporting effective development, to work with IR supporting College data integrity, and to document and to improve system effectiveness.
1. Work with functional users to develop appropriate system solutions and complete technology projects as outlined on the technology plan determined by PC and overseen by Unit Vice Presidents. Assist with the deployment of new systems including testing and user training.
2. Interview functional users to determine desired outcomes, to identify and develop/improve processes if needed, to research available functionality and to formulate documentation supporting user information needs.
3. Develop technical specifications in accordance with quality standards, functional specifications and standard College procedures from which programs and applications will be developed or modified.
4. Support the modification of information systems through research and fact-finding.
5. Support effective data and system management and work with Institutional Research and Reporting to ensure data integrity for compliance.
6. Instruct and monitor the work of Information Technology personnel on projects as assigned and within the framework of best practice project management.
7. Solve complex issues considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results while complying with operational excellence and quality of service requirements.
8. Analyze and improve complex system logic.
9. Document system changes; provide and maintain the required documentation for functional and technical processes.
10. Work on all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field , or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Minimum of four years of programming experience in a Banner ERP or equivalent ERP environment; experience in higher education is preferred.
3. Minimum of four years in a systems analysis role with experience in Business Process Analysis.
4. Solid understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance and the creation of test and implementation plans.
5. Strong communication, project management, and multi-tasking skills are required.
6. Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
7. Must have knowledge of and practical experience with accepted network practices, network infrastructure, network standards, and major topology strategies. Knowledge of network security and storage system is required.
8. Ability to work in a team-based, highly participative quality environment.
9. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promotion and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
10. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required. Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students on a daily basis.
11. Ability to work independently under pressure, exercising good judgment with minimum supervision.
12. Ability to read, analyze and interpret College requirements and technical documentation.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program