Applications are being accepted for a full-time Housekeeper at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend campus. This position performs custodial duties and heavy-duty cleaning. This position will travel to the Jackson campus two days per week.
1. Vacuum, sweep, dust and clean classrooms, offices, labs, corridors and shops. Clean table tops, desks, blackboards, glass and counter tops. Empty and clean wastepaper baskets, and pencil sharpeners.
2. Clean restrooms, sinks, toilets, mirrors, partitions and water fountains. Refill soap and paper dispensers.
3. Operate cleaning equipment to scrub, wax, buff floors, shampoo carpeting and clean furniture.
4. Stock housekeeping closets and notify supervisor when supply items need to be reordered.
5. Straighten, move and arrange furniture. Provide extra furniture as needed.
6. Resolve immediate customer problems such as locating rooms, opening doors, and refer to other Facilities staff for assistance as necessary.
7. Identify problems and notify supervisor of equipment and facilities needing repairs and/or replacement.
8. Perform building security functions as required. Remove snow from sidewalks.
9. Identify and dispose of recyclable materials, hazardous waste and contaminated materials according to District procedure and safety guidelines.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma, General Educational Development (GED) Certificate or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
2. A minimum of one year of housekeeping or customer service experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to bend, stoop, reach, push/pull and work in a standing position and walk for long periods of time.
4. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 50 lbs.
5. Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, prioritize work tasks and complete job assignments independently.
6. Demonstrated ability to interact and work professionally and effectively with students, staff and the general public.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
8. Effective communication skills using a variety of methods including phone, email, text messaging and video conferencing. Working knowledge of computer software.
9. Knowledge of cleaning methods, cleaning materials, and the ability to operate commercial cleaning equipment is preferred.
10. Knowledge of Employee Right-To-Know, bloodborne pathogens and other safety regulations is preferred.
11. Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver's license.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program