Applications are being accepted for a full-time Director of Enterprise Systems at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position is responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of IT development and project functions across all District locations. This includes directing IT development operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and the development of new technical solutions. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Beginning: June 2018
1. Responsible for the ongoing development and support of all information systems, ensuring overall systems availability and integrity. Working in partnership with key business stakeholders, responsible for the complete development lifecycle of internally created and all supported application software systems to include research, gathering requirements, database management, software development/enhancement, testing, implementation, user follow-up, support/maintenance and project management.
2. Work with CIO and other unit leaders to ensure that the College’s administrative and instructional needs are appropriately defined, addressed, supported and documented within the College’s Technology Plan. Lead IT development operations to meet customer requirements, support and maintain existing applications and develop new technical solutions.
3. Provide leadership and supervision for Enterprise Systems functions and staff including database administration, business intelligence, application development, web development, ERP development, technology project management and business/systems analysis. Supervise the Enterprise Systems staff and direct the effective delivery of technical consulting, development and disaster recovery systems and processes. Provide direction, planning and prioritization of projects assigned to the Enterprise Systems team and provide technical support/expertise to ensure utilization of sound development methodologies, best practices and successful project completion.
4. Responsible for the maintenance and development of the College ERP/integrated systems and data, working closely with the appropriate internal and external process owners, functional leads and data stewards.
5. Responsible for software version control and the integrity of, maintenance of and all changes made to the application development servers, software and databases. Responsible for all related technologies to include hardware, development languages, databases, scripting tools and other support tools.
6. Provide direction and oversight to the College’s Data Warehouse and end user reporting to include business intelligence activities. Ensure the effective and timely production of reports and data for College decision making and compliance reporting (state, federal and other).
7. Measure, evaluate and report on the performance and development of information systems and services in alignment with quality assurance expectations and standards. Develop and maintain relationships with external partners to ensure effective problem resolution and knowledge of forthcoming development/solutions.
8. Establish partnerships with internal and external customers in accordance with sound IT governance, business process analysis and systems development methodology/best practice. Lead College technology projects and cross-functional teams.
9. Responsible for developing, implementing and auditing formal change control processes. Ensure the production and maintenance of clear and accurate systems documentation for Enterprise Systems work and in the production of user guidance and instructions.
10. Manage departmental budget; provide input and recommendations for Information Technology Unit planning and budget activities and the creation/updating of IT procedures. Assist the CIO with special projects.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. A minimum of seven years of experience working as a supervisor in Information Technology, preferably in higher education, with responsibility in the following areas: database administration, business intelligence, application development, web development, ERP development, technology project management and business/system analysis.
3. Familiarity with information system programs and software such as Microsoft Server platforms and MS Office Suite. Practical knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, such as networks, database administration, help desk, software development and telecommunications.
5. Strong command of the application development life cycle.
6. Extensive experience as a project manager in IT application development to include familiarity with IT service management/change management processes (ITIL). ERP implementation project management experience is required.
7. Strategic planning, operational planning and budget management experience.
8. Ability to read, analyze and interpret user requirements and technical documentation.
9. Ability to diagnose and resolve highly complex issues associated with the application development environment and delivery of IT services and support.
10. Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise and evaluate a skilled technical staff within a team-based, participative environment.
11. Demonstrated ability to manage customer relations and motivate staff to provide quality service and support.
12. Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and successfully lead cross-functional and project teams.
13. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promotion and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
14. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers.
15. Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, multi-task and problem solve is essential.
16. Schedule flexibility to work in a 24x7 multi-site environment oriented toward a zero downtime goal.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program