Applications are being accepted for a full-time Director of Facilities at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position oversees and manages all activities associated with capital planning and construction, facilities operations and maintenance, housekeeping, safety, security and environmental compliance for the District. This position reports to the Vice President - Finance and Administration.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial screening date will take place April 30, 2018.
1. Oversee and manage all activities associated with capital planning and construction, facilities operations and maintenance, housekeeping, safety, security and environmental compliance for the District.
2. Manage the construction process with the architect and staff through project design phase, bidding, construction, and commissioning; facilitate decisions related to instructional, technological and mechanical needs of staff. Assist with LEED design and implementation.
3. Coordinate and communicate construction and facility related activities and decisions through publications, reports, and presentations to include design plans, contractor notices, environmental assessments, construction bids, board agendas and capital project updates. Responsible for state board notices and approvals.
4. Supervise and provide oversight for staff responsible for facility operations, safety, security, housekeeping and administrative functions.to include work assignments, training and evaluation.
5. Lead the District’s long-range facility planning, preventative maintenance plans and capital projects. Coordination with various stakeholders such as administration, staff and students is required.
6. Manage budget related construction expenditures and administrative paperwork including contracts, bids, insurance, payment releases, change orders, performance bonds and warranties.
7. Develop and administer the department budget to include operations, equipment and capital projects. Responsible for researching and contracting natural gas purchasing and applying for facility grant funding opportunities.
8. Develop and prepare appropriate performance measurements for the facilities department to support continuous improvements in operations, maintenance, and construction services.
9. Negotiate, prepare and execute correspondence for leases and subleases. Collaborate with College staff on lease negotiations as required. Audit records and follow up as necessary to ensure proper compliance.
10. Develop policy and procedure recommendations for review and approval by the Unit Leader.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/facilities management or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Seven years of progressively responsible experience in a construction/facilities environment to include a minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
3. Five years of operational experience with heating, ventilating, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and other physical plant systems.
4. Thorough knowledge of and experience with the interpretation of building drawings/plans, specifications and state and local building codes.
5. Comprehensive project management experience.
6. Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to think strategically, prepare long-range plans, and manage multi-site operations.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
9. Computer literacy at an intermediate level with the demonstrated ability to utilize and apply Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as specialized software programs.
10. Frequent travel throughout the District and availability 24/7 for campus or weather emergencies is required.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program