Applications are being accepted for a full-time Human Resources Generalist at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position will provide employee relations support and assist the Vice President - Human Resources and the Director of Human Resources with Human Resources functions and projects. This position will provide technical assistance and administrative support to the Vice President - Human Resources to include providing backup support to the President's Office. The Human Resources Generalist will also provide oversight for the Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) compliance, activities and communication.
1. Assist the Vice President – Human Resources and other Human Resources staff with the collection and preparation of confidential material in support of Human Resources functions. Coordinate College acknowledgement and recognition of major life events for employees and retirees. Provide technical assistance and administrative support to the Vice President – Human Resources. Schedule meetings and coordinate the calendar for the Vice President – Human Resources. Provide backup support to the President’s Office.
2. Provide employee relations support and assist the Vice President – Human Resources and the Director of Human Resources with Human Resources functions and projects. Identify and apply all federal and state laws and District policies and procedures. Coordinate the annual Employee Handbook update process to include updating of Human Resources guidelines. Serve as a Civil Rights Investigator and conduct Civil Rights and Title IX investigations as needed.
3. Serve as District designee for the Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS). Provide oversight and support for FQAS activities, compliance and communication. Work with Academics to create and maintain hiring standards for faculty positions. Review faculty qualifications to ensure hiring standards are accurately and consistently applied. Provide employee and supervisor training and guidance on FQAS standards and processes. Serve as the District liaison to the Wisconsin Technical College System Office; submit the FQAS Annual Plan and Report and coordinate on-site audits.
4. Provide support for the position classification process for support professional and management positions by coordinating the creation and updating of job descriptions. Ensure accuracy and consistency of both content and format of job descriptions and distribute job descriptions as appropriate.
5. Coordinate the budget development process for the Human Resources Unit. Compile information and prepare reports to monitor the status of the budget. Enter and track purchase requisitions; process invoices for payment.
6. Administer the Educational Assistance Benefit program. Track and report on professional growth account activity, expenditures and balance. Track required degree completion for faculty to ensure compliance with FQAS hiring standards and employment contract provisions.
7. Access, analyze and interpret information and data in order to facilitate decision-making and benchmarking. Prepare reports and presentations. Develop documents for monitoring processes, procedures and projects within the Unit. Utilize appropriate technology and other resources to prioritize, organize and track projects within the Unit.
8. Facilitate the communication flow within the Unit. Serve as a clearinghouse by addressing inquiries from internal/external customers to include open records requests. Serve as the point of contact for customers and provide procedural information as needed. Provide recommendations for and implementation of improvements in the communication processes, policies and procedures of the Human Resources Unit to include effective use of the intranet platform.
9. Coordinate the annual operational and planning activities for the Human Resources Unit and Unit teams. Research techniques and tools to make the Unit more efficient. Maintain pertinent records for the Human Resources Unit to include updating of Human Resources policies and procedures; work with the Human Resources staff to ensure records retention and document management for the Unit. Assure compliance with laws pertaining to the Unit’s work.
10. Coordinate meetings for the Human Resources Unit to include coordinating staff schedules, scheduling meetings, rooms and vehicles, preparing agendas, ordering refreshments and sending invitations. Capture essential information and record meeting minutes. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associate degree in Human Resources or a related field. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. A minimum of three years of related work experience, to include Human Resources experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to learn and apply employment laws, employee handbook language and procedures/policies.
4. High degree of integrity and professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive situations.
5. High degree of skill in hardware and software applications to include HR Information Systems. Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite. Familiarity with MS Project preferred.
6. Strong problem-solving skills to include accuracy and attention to detail. Must demonstrate ability to capture essential issues, identify solutions and provide research and follow-through.
7. Willingness to take initiative, work independently with little supervision and make decisions with minimal direction. Must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects along with ongoing assignments.
8. Willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
9. Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated effective email communication skills. Ability to provide direction to staff and train staff.
10. Knowledge of business math, accounting methods and procedures. Ability to create, read and understand budget reports.
11. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Strong conflict resolution skills.
12. Ability to work collaboratively to meet organizational goals and objectives. Experience working in a highly participative, team-based environment preferred.
13. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program