Applications are being accepted for a full-time Instructional Aide - Health Science at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend Campus. This position monitors and assists students in the demonstration of skills in the nursing programs/laboratory. Also, this position collaborates with instructors, other departments, and colleagues in the community to maintain the current nursing skills lab. This position will travel to the Beaver Dam Campus two days per week.
1. Assist students in the practice of nursing skills and remediation activities under the guidance of nursing faculty.
2. Provide students, instructors, and support staff orientation and training to lab resources, to include simulators and computer software. Assist students and instructors with computer technology and software applications used in the field of nursing practice. Support simulation activities as required.
3. Take inventory on all campuses of nursing & nursing assistant supplies. Provide centralized purchasing for health sciences labs at all campuses. Arrange for laundry service.
4. Monitor and maintain the necessary documentation of Nursing and Heath Sciences students, including review and accurate documentation of student health records using appropriate software. Field questions from students & faculty regarding health requirements. Notify Associate Dean of Nursing, program students and program instructors as needed for student health requirement compliance. Know and follow institutional requirements for recordkeeping.
5. Recommend, organize, store, control, and coordinate appropriate supplies and equipment for the lab. Maintain skills lab for student practice scenarios and sessions.
6. Consult with instructors and provide written feedback regarding student progress and related concerns. Serve on nursing program committees/teams as assigned.
7. Collaborate with instructors, community colleagues, and vendors to maintain and update skills labs. Obtains quotes for capital, minor and supply expenses for program needs.
8. Give presentations on health requirements to core students in health science programs, as arranged by program advisors. Assist in marketing and promotional activities for the health sciences programs.
9. Serves as the point of contact between Credentia/Pearson Vue and Moraine Park Technical College. Initiates the on-site testing dates based on course scheduling and EMS availability and sets up testing rooms prior to Pearson Vue nurse aide state exams.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree in Nursing and a minimum of two years of experience within the last five years in nursing practice. A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is preferred. Any combination of equivalent education and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
2. Must hold current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of Wisconsin.
3. Thorough knowledge and experience in technical procedures, supplies, and equipment in the nursing and nursing assistant field of practice.
4. Maintain currency in nursing developments, techniques, equipment and regulations through participation in professional development activities.
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to think critically and creatively and to problem-solve and coordinate multiple activities.
6. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and schedule priorities effectively. Must be detail-oriented.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently, responsibly and with minimal supervision.
8. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) preferred.
9. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
10. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, instructors and other staff, health care providers in the community, and vendors.
11. Knowledge of and experience with computers and multimedia technology, including software used in nursing practice. Knowledge of MS Office, email and the internet.
12. Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program