Applications are being accepted for a full-time Information and Instructional Technology Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend campus. This position provides technical support to customers at all MPTC facilities for college-supported computer hardware, software and other classroom technologies.
1. Provide technical support for network workstation hardware, software, Macintosh computers, printers, IP Phones and related peripheral equipment.
2. Work with the remote help desk and respond to problems/requests in a timely manner. Utilize the College’s ticket tracking software for call/case tracking purposes. As needed, refer problems and issues to the appropriate IT staff or vendors.
3. Whenever possible, automate the support of staff, faculty, and computer labs through the use of scripting technologies and by implementing group policies, utilizing remote computer management tools and by deploying software in an automated fashion.
4. Support Instructional Technology equipment, including hardware and software installation and configuration, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and inventory. Respond on a daily basis to help desk calls pertaining to instructional technology problems.
5. Keep documentation current for computer labs and staff computers.
6. Research new technologies and make recommendations to department management.
7. Maintain the physical environment of the computer work/setup room. Maintain an accurate and current inventory of all hardware and software.
8. Develop technical training materials and provide orientation and training associated with College technology
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of three years of related experience to include help desk experience. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field preferred. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
2. Working knowledge of operating in a Microsoft Windows server environment, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), VMware Horizon View, VMware App Volumes, Unidesk, application packaging, MS Windows 10, 8 and 7 MS Office, MS Group Policy Management, MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Endpoint Projection, MS Windows Server Updated Services (WSUS), Ivanti Patch for SCCM, imaging, Sysprep, .MSI file creation, DeepFreeze, Outlook, Internet software, multimedia software, encryption software, and Dell PCs.
3. Demonstrated ability to create advanced and functional scripts in one or more of the following scripting languages: PowerShell, VBScript, Batch.
4. Demonstrated ability to install, configure and support Apple computers and the Mac OSX.
5. Demonstrated ability to install and provide technical support for workstations and network hardware and software.
6. Demonstrated ability to analyze information, resolve problems and make recommendations.
7. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects effectively while exercising individual initiative, independent action and sound judgment.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based, innovative and continuous improvement focused environment.
9. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
10. Demonstrated ability to use a high degree of integrity, leadership, tact, diplomacy and helpful concern to provide excellent customer service.
11. Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license. Travel to offsite training and seminars is required to maintain the necessary technical skills.
12. Must be able to lift 55 lbs.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program