Applications are being accepted for a full-time Economic and Workforce Development Business Representative at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position serves as a liaison between the college and business/industry along with regional partners across the Moraine Park district. The primary function is to develop relationships and build appropriate training solutions.
1. Develop and maintain contacts with Economic and Workforce Development customers to meet education and training needs.
2. Act in partnership with the instructional divisions to ensure the development and delivery of needed services.
3. Market educational opportunities to Economic and Workforce Development customers.
4. Develop and maintain Economic and Workforce Development contact database and mailing lists.
5. Assist with the planning and organization of District economic development activities/events.
6. Organize District participation in business expos, trade shows and conferences.
7. Prepare and document necessary data and information to facilitate the delivery of Economic and Workforce Development educational opportunities.
8. Facilitate the follow-up and evaluation of Economic and Workforce Development educational opportunities.
9. Participate in local, regional and District strategic planning activities relating to economic and development. Maintain liaison with professional trade associations and industrial development groups within the communities to promote economic development.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. Master’s degree in business or a related field preferred.
2. Two years of experience in an external sales capacity. Experience in manufacturing or healthcare preferred.
3. Teaching experience in a corporate or higher educational environment preferred.
4. Experience with strategy creation and execution in the areas of business or organizational development preferred.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers in a team environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
7. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, analyze information, resolve problems and make recommendations.
8. Demonstrated ability to use computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and email systems. Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems is preferred.
9. Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program