Applications are being accepted for a full-time Corrections Manager at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position serves as a liaison between the College, the county jails and regional prisons at an operational level. Regular interaction with jail and prison instructional staff is expected. The primary function is to develop relationships, ensure grant outcomes are met, and maintain quality compliance.
1. Develop and maintain contacts with county jail and department of corrections customers to meet education and training needs of incarcerated participants and education staff members.
2. Assist with the Career Pathways Consortium grant activities to include facilitating professional development and curriculum sharing workshops, developing and managing enrollment processes and attendance collection, providing case management for individuals in online courses and implementing and monitoring Career Pathway Bridges.
3. Collect data and maintain records for areas of responsibility. Track services, verifying compliance with College, state, and federal requirements. Oversee data input into the state’s Client Reporting System. Prepare and submit reports required to meet grant and college reporting and billing requirements. Utilize data to offer suggestions for program improvement.
4. Coordinate services with instructional divisions to ensure that the development and delivery of services provided are in alignment with College instructional programming to include compliance with registration, instructional delivery, curriculum integrity, and accreditation.
5. Propose, implement, and evaluate new educational opportunities at the jail and prison facilities.
6. Participate on local and statewide committees and represent the District at events as requested.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or a related area; or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Two years of leadership/supervisory experience to include project management. Work experience in education preferred.
3. Working knowledge of curriculum and assessment.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with adult learners who have academic and vocational preparation needs. Working knowledge of correctional issues and trends is preferred.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers in a team environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
7. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, analyze information and resolve problems while exercising individual initiative, independent action and sound judgment.
8. Demonstrated ability to use computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and email systems. Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) preferred.
9. Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program