Applications are being accepted for a full-time Associate Dean of Business and Information Technology at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position is responsible for the oversight of teaching and learning in the Business and Information Technology program areas. The Associate Dean of Business and Information Technology provides supervision, guidance and support to 24 faculty and support professional staff. This position reports to the Dean of Applied Technology and Trades.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial screening date is November 14, 2017.
1. Assist the Academic Dean in overseeing academic initiatives, instructional budgets, special projects, grants, and student/personnel issues in support of student retention and success.
2. Recruit, orient, mentor, and provide for the ongoing development and evaluation of contract and adjunct faculty, and/or support professionals, and subsequent individual development plans in keeping with MPTC culture, workplace principles, and Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) procedures.
3. Supervise classes to ensure quality of curriculum, course design and delivery, adequate supplies and equipment, and enforcement of safety processes and procedures. Respond to student and faculty concerns and issues, develop and implement solutions, and make recommendations to the Academic Dean when appropriate.
4. Ensure the effective and efficient use of resources (e.g. financial, human, physical plant) for the instructional programs, and seek alternative external resources in collaboration with the Academic Dean. Utilize a program review process to make data-informed decisions associated with the management of assigned programs and course offerings in order to maximize student retention and success.
5. Manage program curriculum and make sure that it is relevant, current, consistent, and congruent with appropriate WTCS standards and is developed using input from advisory committees and other employer partners. Ensure program curriculum is formatted and housed according to MPTC expectations.
6. Provide input to the Academic Dean in the development and implementation of course, certificate, diploma, and degree program modifications, and investigation and implementation of new certificate, diploma, and degree program offerings.
7. Ensure that industry safety and program requirements are current and procedures are followed for all students and staff.
8. Develop, implement, and manage enrollment processes in certificate, diploma, and degree programs, to improve student access, effectiveness and efficiency of room scheduling, course scheduling, and assignment of faculty workload. Develop course schedules (fall, spring, and summer) and faculty workload assignments for contract and adjunct faculty.
9. Serve on college committees, attend college-wide activities, and participate in staff development activities and professional organizations. Represent the College at community functions and events.
10. Provide a managerial presence and supervision during the evening and other times as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Two years of secondary or post-secondary teaching experience. Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred.
3. Two years of occupational experience in a business or information technology related field.
4. Two years of leadership or supervisory experience in an educational setting, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum and assessment, preferably in a post-secondary setting.
6. Experience with grant writing, grant management and grant reporting is preferred.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based, innovative and continuous quality improvement focused environment; experience leading cross-functional teams.
9. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
10. Demonstrated organizational skills and project management experience with the ability to multitask.
11. Demonstrated ability to use computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, email, the internet, and instructional technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching and learning.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program