Applications are being accepted for a part-time English Language Learning Program Specialist at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position provides community outreach, recruitment, retention, orientation and transition services for English Language Learning students and Adult Basic Education students.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial screening date will take place November 13th.
1. Promote Moraine Park Technical College (MPTC) English Language Learning (ELL) and Adult Basic Education programs to potential students, community agency staff and employers, including developing and delivering presentations.
2. Conduct the orientation process for ELL students, individually and in group settings. Administer assessments. Assist instructors in providing learning support to students.
3. Develop community contacts and represent MPTC by participating in advisory councils and other community activities.
4. Provide assistance with development and implementation of programs, events and special projects. Design flyers and other marketing materials. Update and disseminate information to referral agencies and institutions. Provide translation support at MPTC-partnered events.
5. Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of students. Maintain student records to ensure compliance with project requirements and record accountability. Track participants through the project and beyond. Compile required reports. Refer students to appropriate MPTC and community resources, as needed.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associate Degree in a related field. Bachelor Degree in a related field preferred.
2. Three years of related work experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to speak and write English and Spanish in professional settings.
4. Knowledge of barriers to college success and strategies to overcome them.
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships and to work cooperatively with all levels of MPTC staff, students, community agencies and the general public.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
7. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, accurate records and compile records.
8. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects effectively while exercising individual initiative, independent action and sound judgment.
9. Demonstrated ability to use computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, email and the internet.
Group Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program