Applications are being accepted for a adjunct EMS instructor at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. The primary teaching responsibility will be instruction in the Emergency Medical Services programs, however, class assignments and locations may vary. This instructor may be asked to teach at various sites within the Moraine Park District to include campus, center and business locations, and may be required to teach on evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Human Services.
1. Prepare for and facilitate learning in the assigned courses according to the College’s core values. Establish a professional and safe learning environment. Set the classroom tone by modeling appropriate workplace skills and behavior. Maintain a positive climate for learning by performing classroom management and being aware of, monitoring and enforcing the Student Code of Conduct.
2. Meet the student learning needs by incorporating a variety of teaching methods and assessments.
3. Maintain student records and documentation. Submit grades within the expected timeframe. Provide timely verbal and written feedback to the students to ensure continued growth and development.
4. Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and updating of curriculum.
5. Collaborate with College staff to retain students and help them be successful. Work with Student Affairs staff to provide guidance to students. Assist in advising students regarding course enrollment, program and course content, lifelong learning and other program-related subjects.
6. Work with internal customers, including student services staff, adjunct faculty and other College staff, to provide consistent, effective learning and support for students. Support the College by staying current with internal and external changes and provide input by participating in College meetings and activities.
7. Build and maintain ongoing relationships with community, industry and clinical partners. Participate in external meetings and activities.
8. Actively participate in professional growth activities, such as: networking and sharing with and among faculty across the College, memberships and professional organizations, accepting and incorporating guidance and support from peers and supervisors, staying up-to-date with technology trends, maintaining occupational competence, staying current in the field and creating and maintaining a professional development plan.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
2. At least two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience as a EMT.
3. Must have experience with pre-hospital emergency care and meet certification requirements for the 30-531-3 Emergency Medical Technician program area as established by the Wisconsin Technical College System Board.
4. Presently licensed or eligible for licensure by Wisconsin Department of Health Services as an Emergency Medical Technician.
5. Certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at the EMT level.
6. Current Basic Life Support Instructor certification with the American Heart Association required.
7. Must hold current license/certificate as an Emergency Services Instructor I or II issued by the State of Wisconsin - Department of Health Services - Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Section.
8. Experience working and participating in a team environment and collaborating with other individuals and teams to meet student needs. Willingness to help students and team members grow and learn.
9. Experience with the MS Office Suite, the internet and email. Willingness to learn new technologies. Experience with online learning platforms and student management systems preferred.
10. Ability and willingness to continuously learn and accept constructive feedback.
11. Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to manage time and schedule effectively.
12. Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
13. Must maintain requirements to be certifiable through the Wisconsin Technical College System.