Applications are being accepted for a full time HVAC-R Instructor at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend campus. The primary teaching responsibility will be commercial and residential HVAC/R systems design, installation, service and repair. Class assignments and locations may vary from term to term. This instructor may be asked to teach at various sites within the Moraine Park District to include campus, center and business locations, and may be required to teach on evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Trades.
1. Provide learner-centered, active learning environments and activities for students regardless of delivery format: traditional classroom, video-based, independent study, Internet protocol video (IPV), accelerated, self-paced, online (Internet), or others as appropriate.
2. Working within the District policies, provide instruction in the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology Program as assigned.
3. Participate actively in the work of the Instructional Work Team and other teams of the College.
4. Assist in the ongoing development of and revision of performance-based curriculum using the Wisconsin Instructional Design System (WIDS) model. Plan instruction and materials that incorporate a variety of learning styles and intelligence to enable students to achieve course outcomes in accordance with College, workteam and legal guidelines.
5. Maintain required district reports and student records.
6. Monitor student progress and participate in student evaluation according to the concepts of Performance Based Instruction (PBI).
7. Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to support the primary system of teaching and learning, and to foster a learner-centered environment incorporating MPTC’s standards of teaching excellence.
8. Provide occupational information and guidance to students.
9. Assist in marketing and promotional activities for the program.
10. Develop professionally through an individualized professional growth plan which provides for continuous improvement and which may include internal and external training, in-service activities and occupational and technological updates.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Bachelor’s Degree in an area related to air conditioning, heating and refrigeration is preferred. If no Bachelor’s Degree, must be willing to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program. Progress toward a Bachelor’s Degree will be measured through the successful completion of a minimum of six (6) credits of coursework annually, beginning with the second year of employment.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of paid work experience related to the program(s) being taught, including one (1) year (2,000 hours) of related paid work experience that has been acquired within the past five (5) years. In lieu of this one (1) year (2,000 hours) of recent experience, two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the past five (5) years may be considered. (Two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience means eight (8) semesters of part-time teaching or four (4) semesters of full-time teaching at an accredited institution.)
3. Appropriate work experience includes designing, testing, installing, servicing, troubleshooting and repairing a wide range of commercial and residential heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems. Must have experience with heat load analysis and systems costing as well as designing and installing building control systems and energy conservation measures related to the HVAC industry.
4. Individuals who hold Universal Refrigerant Certification and/or are OSHA 10 cardholders (at a minimum) are preferred.
5. Ability to adapt to meet student needs, including flexibility in scheduling, workload, and type/variety of communication.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey ideas and concepts in a professional manner. Ability to adjust to variance in communication and learning styles of students. Ability and willingness to communicate regularly with students and other internal and external customers.
7. Ability to understand and promote the educational philosophy and programs that MPTC offers. Willingness to grow and evolve with the College’s educational philosophy.
8. Experience working and participating in a team environment and collaborating with other individuals and teams to meet student needs. Willingness to help students and team members grow and learn.
9. Experience with the MS Office Suite, the internet and email. Ability and willingness to learn new technologies. Experience with online learning platforms and student management systems preferred.
10. Ability and willingness to continuously learn and accept constructive feedback.
11. Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to manage time and schedule effectively.
12. Previous community involvement and a desire to give back to the profession and community.
13. Must meet Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements as detailed in Chapter TCS 3 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program