Applications are being accepted for a full-time Facilities Operations Manager at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for managing all District daily building operations and maintenance functions to include supervision of the maintenance and buildings and grounds staff. Manage District facility operations to include snow removal, maintenance contracts and other procurement.
1. Manage all District daily building operations and maintenance functions related to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of properties. Manage facilities support for and maintenance of leased facility sites as appropriate.
2. Manage District facility operational activities including snow removal and maintenance contracts and agreements. Prepare bids, review Request for Proposal responses, and decide on facility operation contracts, supplies and equipment.
3. Manage the facilities work order system; audit completion timeliness and quality of services provided.
4. Supervise the maintenance and buildings and grounds staff to include work assignments, schedules, training and evaluation.
5. Administer maintenance and preventative maintenance of buildings and system components. Provide long-term planning documentation regarding building component replacements and preventative maintenance schedules, routines and standardization.
6. Oversee and manage the staff who monitor and operate computer controlled Building Automation System equipment. Troubleshoot emergency situations, including boiler and electrical outages, equipment malfunctions and other problems.
7. Provide support to the Safety Manager as needed to test and maintain all emergency alarm systems such as emergency generators and fire alarm systems. Serve on the Crisis Operations Team providing backup for site security/safety and incident commander roles.
8. Provide support and coordination to the facilities department with the location and relocation of staff offices to include telephone, computer, and space/furniture needs.
9. Provide input into the planning and budgeting for facility operations, building component replacements and equipment. Provide support to the Director of Facilities as it relates to capital construction projects.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field, or recognition as a journeyperson in millwright by an appropriate authority, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. At least three years of supervisory/management experience relative to buildings and grounds maintenance including budget planning and monitoring.
3. At least three years of operational experience with heating, ventilating, air conditioning and other physical plant systems.
4. Experience in the application of quality principles and functioning in a team environment.
5. Experience in the area of facilities management, construction and building operations.
6. Knowledge of general construction, refrigeration systems, building electrical systems, low voltage systems, plumbing systems as well as maintenance and buildings and grounds techniques.
7. Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
8. Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications to include experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, facility management software and budgetary systems. The ability to operate CAD software is desirable.
9. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program