Applications are being accepted for a full-time Information Technology – Technical Support Specialist Instructor at Moraine Park Technical College, West Bend campus. The primary teaching responsibility will vary within the Information Technology – Technical Support Specialist Associate degree program, and includes courses such as Network +, Intro to O/S, Computer Software Support, Help desk Concepts, IT Administration, and Computer Hardware Support. This instructor will primarily teach face-to-face and IVC courses from the West Bend campus but may be asked to teach at various sites within the Moraine Park District to include multiple campus, center and business locations, and may be required to teach on evenings and weekends using a variety of modalities. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Business and Information Technology.
This position is currently funded by a State grant.
Beginning: August, 2017
1. Prepare for and facilitate learning in the assigned courses according to the College’s core values. Establish a professional and safe learning environment. Set the classroom tone by modeling appropriate workplace skills and behavior. Maintain a positive climate for learning by performing classroom management and being aware of, monitoring and enforcing the Student Code of Conduct.
2. Meet the student learning needs by incorporating a variety of teaching methods and assessments.
3. Maintain student records and documentation. Submit grades within the expected timeframe. Provide timely verbal and written feedback to the students to ensure continued growth and development.
4. Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and updating of curriculum.
5. Collaborate with College staff to recruit students. Assist with student recruitment by participating in College recruitment events, partnering with student recruitment staff, maintaining relationships with alumni and proactively promoting the College and services offered.
6. Collaborate with College staff to retain students and help them be successful. Work with Student Affairs staff to provide guidance to students. Assist in advising students regarding course enrollment, program and course content, lifelong learning and other program-related subjects.
7. Work with internal customers, including student services staff, adjunct faculty and other College staff, to provide consistent, effective learning and support for students. Support the College by staying current with internal and external changes and provide input by participating in College meetings and activities.
8. Build and maintain ongoing relationships with community, industry and clinical partners. Participate in external meetings and activities.
9. Actively participate in professional growth activities, such as: networking and sharing with and among faculty across the College, memberships and professional organizations, accepting and incorporating guidance and support from peers and supervisors, staying up-to-date with technology trends, maintaining occupational competence, staying current in the field and creating and maintaining a professional development plan. Assist with mentoring other full-time and adjunct faculty.
10. Maintain equipment and supplies for the classroom and labs, as necessary to support the assigned program area and future trends in industry. Work with supervisor to identify alternative funding sources as needed.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution. Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other IT or business-related field, is preferred.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of paid work experience related to the program(s) being taught, including one (1) year (2,000 hours) of related paid work experience that has been acquired within the past five (5) years. In lieu of this one (1) year (2,000 hours) of recent experience, two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the past five (5) years may be considered. (Two (2) years of post-secondary teaching experience means eight (8) semesters of part-time teaching or four (4) semesters of full-time teaching at an accredited institution).
3. Appropriate occupational experience includes experience with troubleshooting computers and networking issues, tools and processes needed to solve end users problems, working knowledge of MAC Operating Systems, Windows, Linux and VMware. Proficiency in troubleshooting Help Desk driven concerns in a timely manner. PowerShell experience preferred. Direct occupational experience in one of the following roles is preferred: IT Technician/Specialist, IT Systems Engineer, or IT Network Engineer/Specialist, or Junior Technical/ Network Analyst.
4. Current CompTIA A+ Certification preferred.
5. Ability to adapt to meet student needs, including flexibility in scheduling, workload, and type/variety of communication.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey ideas and concepts in a professional manner. Ability to adjust to variance in communication and learning styles of students. Ability and willingness to communicate regularly with students and other internal and external customers.
7. Ability to understand and promote the educational philosophy and programs that MPTC offers. Willingness to grow and evolve with the College’s educational philosophy.
8. Experience working and participating in a team environment and collaborating with other individuals and teams to meet student needs. Willingness to help students and team members grow and learn.
9. Experience with the MS Office Suite, the internet, social media and email. Ability and willingness to learn new technologies. Experience with online learning platforms and student management systems preferred.
10. Ability and willingness to continuously learn and accept constructive feedback.
11. Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills. Must be able to manage time and schedule effectively.
12. Previous community involvement and a desire to give back to the profession and community.
13. Must meet Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements as detailed in Chapter TCS 3 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program